Juliana Writes...

Living with the best of intentions

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Make Your Happy List

I made a list of things that make me happy.  

I sincerely recommend everyone do this from time to time, because A) it’s a wonderful way to just let your consciousness go and write down everything you can think of that brings a smile to your face.  Then you can take a good look at your list and evaluate yourself: how many of the things that make you happiest are present in your life?  How can you make it so that all of them are?  And B) it’s really freakin’ fun.  Don’t think, just write.

What makes me happy:
  • My family
  • My wonderful boyfriend
  • All the dogs and kitties ever…but mostly mine
  • Rainy days with coffee and blankets
  • Cooking
  • Sunflowers
  • Peonies
  • Jack-o-lanterns
  • Strong coffee
  • Seriously stacked sandwiches
  • The Wizard of OZ
  • Mermaids
  • Magic
  • Disneyland
  • Oysters
  • Trilogies
  • A really good pair of boots
  • Scarves
  • Scarf and boot weather 
  • Any reason to dress up (double meaning: dress up = get fancy or dress up = put on a costume.  Extra points if it’s a fancy costume.)
  • Gummy bears
  • My little brother.  He is cooler than anyone I know.
  • 70 degree weather
  • The ocean
  • Pillows.  Lots of ‘em
  • The color grey
  • Crafting – especially seasonal crafting (i.e. any holiday ever)
  • Fashion magazines
  • Red wine
  • Dirty martinis
  • Really good bourbon
  • Witty banter
  • A ladies lunch
  • Road trips!
  • Adventures
  • Star Wars
  • J.R.R Tolkien
  • Harry Potter
  • So...basically stories about magic and adventures
  • Dolphins and otters and foxes (oh my!)
  • Glitter
  • Champagne
  • Pearls
  • Anything sparkly
  • Christmastime
  • Cucumbers
  • Watermelon
  • Tangerines
  • Going for a long walk
  • Fairies
  • Yoga
  • Curling up with a book that you never want to end
  • Sneezing
  • Laughing so hard it hurts a little
  • Presents that are absolutely perfect for the recipient
  • The smell of lavender
  • Baking something that makes the house smell wonderful
  • Twinkle lights
  • Love letters
  • Lighthouses
  • Fireworks
  • Good grammar
  • Big, soft sweaters
  • Stripes
  • Water
  • Creating
  • Day dreaming
  • Dill pickles
  • Dancing
  • Brunch
  • 1940’s fashion and movies
  • Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn
  • Understated jewelry
  • A spicy bloody mary with good garnishes
  • Peppermint ice cream
  • Cary Grant
  • Anthropologie 
  • Creative people
  • Random acts of kindness
…Among many, many other things.


Note: when I first wrote my list glitter and pillows appeared twice without me realizing it until I read it over.  I think coffee still does.  That probably says a lot about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment